THE HISTORY OF THE FAHRNEY AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
During the mid nineteen fifties two enterprising, young businessmen formed a partnership that would eventually grow into one of the most successful family owned automotive agencies in Central California, Swanson-Fahrney Ford.
In 1956, Don A. Fahrney along with Jack Swanson established the first Ford agency for the community of Pixley, California. The people in this small farming community quickly discovered the earnest desire of Don and Jack to provide competitive prices for new and used vehicles. They combined their sales efforts with quality repair service. Integrity and dependability; these two essential elements formed the philosophical foundation for Swanson-Fahrney Ford, a professional commitment that continued.
In 1964 Swanson-Fahrney moved from Pixley to Selma, California. Sales continued to grow and in 1977, a new facility was constructed just north of Selma along Highway 99. Don Fahrney’s two sons, Jerry Fahrney joined the staff in 1972; Don W. Fahrney in 1974. In 1982 the firm purchased Madera Ford Mercury. In 1997 Toyota of Selma was acquired to join the family of Fahrney owned dealerships.
As the dealerships celebrate 53 years of service, they continue to serve the transportation needs of the communities they serve. Substantial payrolls of the dealerships provide employees with opportunities for financial stability and career advancement. The Fahrney Automotive Group is proud of their employees and pleased to call the San Joaquin Valley home.